Historic Landmarks Foundation dedicates new office to serve southern Indiana
After a move from the path of hospital development, the historic Willey-Allhands House is ready to welcome visitors. Historic Landmarks Foundation of Indiana dedicates the newly restored 1902 house in Jeffersonville as its southern regional office on Saturday, August 7. A public open house and reception follow the dedication
WHAT: Dedication of the newly restored Willey-Allhands House as the Southern Regional Office of Historic Landmarks, followed by public open house. (Photos available: call Mindi Woolman at Historic Landmarks, 800-450-4534)
WHO: J. Reid Williamson, Jr., President, Historic Landmarks Foundation of Indiana, Greg Sekula, Director, Historic Landmarks’ Southern Regional Office, The Hon. Robert Waiz, Mayor of Jeffersonville
WHEN: Saturday, August 7, 2004. Dedication and ribbon-cutting 2:15 p.m.; house open to the public following the dedication until 4 p.m.
WHERE: Willey-Allhands House, 115 West Chestnut Street, Jeffersonville
WHY: Historic Landmarks celebrates the restoration and reuse of a southern Indiana landmark and introduces the public to the house and the preservation services offered to residents of 15 southern Indiana counties from the new office quartered in the building.
Contact: Greg Sekula, Historic Landmarks Southern Regional Office (Jeffersonville), 812-232-4534, email@example.com, or Tina Connor, Historic Landmarks (Indianapolis), 317-639-4534 / 800-450-4534 firstname.lastname@example.org